Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ad aware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Bart

Bart

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I cannot start the ad aware SE personal program - at start up it says me that my definitions are 244 days old . I get no chance to update - the screen just disappears after a few seconds and nothing happened.
I have reinstalled the program (after having some trouble to uninstall it) - but i get the same. I have been able to run it in safe mode - but I guess something is wrong.
Can somebody help me out here.
Thanks

Bart

Advertisements

prab

prab

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
Hi,
Certain versions of cool web search will close ad-aware.

Please run Ad-Aware SE just a bit differently, using the command line below that corresponds to your version of Ad-Aware SE:
Click "Start" > select "Run" > type the text shown in bold below (including the quotation marks and with the same spacing as shown)

"C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Professional\Ad-Aware.exe" +immortal
"C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Plus\Ad-Aware.exe" +immortal
"C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Ad-Aware.exe" +immortal

Please chose the path that fits your version.

Once you complete a scan please post your log file here.

You will need to restart your computer to close ad-aware.

~Prab~

Bart

Bart

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz:
Hi Prab
thanks for the reply . Also this doesn't work - I get an error message saying that the location is not available . My PC is standalone. The program is still there - altough when I try to open the folder , a few seconds later explorer closes. So apparently some software is just trying to prevent that I run ad aware

Bart

prab

prab

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
Hi,
This may be because you changed the directory that ad-aware is in. Please open My Computer then navigate to the folder that ad-aware is in making note of every folder that you click on. Once you reach the folder containg ad-aware close this window. Now click on start, run. In the window type: "C:\list the folders that you clicked on, seperating with "\"" +immortal. Then try to update and do a full system scan. I hope these directions help, if you can't understand them please reply and I will try a different approach.

~Prab~