Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

acer laptop wont boot

• Please log in to reply

crazykats

crazykats

• Pip
  • 8 posts
my daughters laptop a aspire 3100/ acer would not boot up, she used it the night before, if you press f2 at start up we can go to the Phoenix bios setup ulility, but will not do any thing with defaults, when exit, goes to black screen that says;For reltek rtl 8139(x)18130/810x/PCI Fast ethernet controller v.2.13 (020326) then a line under that one that reads;PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable next line; PXE-MOF:exiting PXE Rom. does any one know what this means...we do not have restore disk, for vista...it didnt come with one, and i never made one..thanks for any input on problem.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Hi crazykats and welcome to Geeks to Go.

The reltek rtl 8139(x)18130/810x/PCI Fast ethernet controller v.2.13 (020326) is the controller for the networking card.
The solution for "PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable next line; PXE-MOF:exiting PXE Rom" is usually that the computer is trying to boot from the network.
Of course there are many more reasons for this error that we can look at later.

You need to go back in to the bios and check to be sure that the boot sequence is hard drive 1st, and that there is no network boot.

crazykats

crazykats

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
when i went into f2 under Boot, the order that is there is; 1-SATA, 2-IDE 1, 3-IDE o,4-PCI BEV-Realtek Boot Agent. 5-usb hdd, 6-usb cdrom, 7-usb fdd, 8-usb key I know it should be non of the usbs...which one should be first...dont see hard drive.