Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yahoo messenger

• Please log in to reply

lillur2000

lillur2000

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My yahoo messenger won't allow me to see what i have typed to anyone. Nor will it let me see when they have typed back. I receive offlines in three words. I have tried everything. Please help me

Advertisements

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Do you mean you're getting something like White text on a White background (thus making it invisible), or are you not getting the pop up windows at all? Check to make sure your text colors aren't set to "White" if you have a "White" background.

What does this mean: I receive offlines in three words.?

lillur2000

lillur2000

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok. When I type a message it shows me what i'm typing to the person, but when I send it they receive it but it won't show me what i've typed in the message and when type back to me I can see that they are typing a message but it won't show up. My color is not white it is black. If i am logged off and log on I receive offlines and no matter how much they have typed i only get the first three words. Also, my archieves will show me the dates and who they were with. But, it comes up blank as well. I have tried everything from uninstalling, and reinstalling. I even went into internet options and made sure everything was right. It was. I sure hope you can help me. Thanks for your reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
:tazz: Wow, that's a very strange problem you are having there.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be of much assistance now. I do, however, understand your problem now. Keep checking back on this post. Maybe someone will come along soon with an answer. Until then, try searching the help files at Yahoo.

Good Luck. Please let us know what comes of this problem. ;)

You and your friends should switch to MSN Messenger 7.0. ;)

Edited by magusbuckley, 15 May 2005 - 08:48 AM.

lillur2000

lillur2000

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks alot anyway. Don't feel bad no one else could help either. I have the strangest problems lol thanks again

crystal8612

crystal8612

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i have been having that problem too, but the ONE THING that yahoo tells you to do doesnt help me.

This is what yahoo tells you to do:

I can't see the instant messages.
When you send/receive an instant message and no message appears, you most likely have Scripting disabled in your Internet Explorer.

To enable Scripting:

1. Click the Tools menu on your Internet Explorer toolbar and select Internet Options.

2. Click the Security tab.

3. Click the Internet (globe) icon and click the Custom Level button.

4. Scroll down to Scripting. Enable the following:

* Active scripting
* Allow paste operations via script
* Scripting of Java applets are all enabled.

5. Click the OK button at the bottom of the window.

Please Note: Restart Messenger and you should start seeing text in your IM windows once again.

i hope it works for you. if anyone has any ideas other than this, please let me know

sushma

sushma

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi
even i am having the same problem with yahoo messenger
i have tried yahoo help but that could not solve my problem

so anyone please help me as soon as possible
bye

SkyHi

SkyHi

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
You could switch to an alternate IM client, such as Trillian.

-SkyHi

Frustr8ed

Frustr8ed

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am havin the exact same issue with my Yahoo Messenger. I cannot see my outgoing or incoming IM's but the reciever can see mines. Has anyone come up with a solution yet, or can offer some kind of advice? Thanx :tazz:

crystal8612

crystal8612

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Trillian is WONDERFUL!!! It isnt the exact same thing as yahoo...it's a whole lot more. its not as fancy, but you can have msn, yahoo, irc, aim and icq all in the same messenger! it didnt fix my problem, but it has given me an alternative until i find the solution to the problem..although i might still use Trillian lol

Frustr8ed

Frustr8ed

• Pip
  • 3 posts
You're right Trillian is Great. Wish I would've known about it sooner. Although my Yahoo issues are still pending, Trillian is even better because I can consolidate all of my Instant Messengers. Thanks for the advice. Keep me posted just in case anyone finds a solution to this mysterious Yahoo issue.

INDICA5420

INDICA5420

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I got that same problem and it happened after my Norton AV crashed, wouldn't reinstall, and [bleep] started disappearing off my desktop. I strongly believe it is a virus aided problem. I guess I'll just use the 3 in 1 messenger for now.

k-roll

k-roll

• Pip
  • 1 posts
after i uninstalled norton antivirus i started to have the same exact problem... curios :tazz:

usajonhan

usajonhan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
same problem here, but I hear my friend said if the program is Pirate it will not work after you install service pack 2, I am not sure if that is true or not.