Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A quick question about RAM

• Please log in to reply

Jonesey

Jonesey

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Hi guys, gals, small furry creatures etc.

Do you think that this memory:

http://www.amazon.co...mp;linkCode=asn

Is compatible with my MOBO?

Reason I'm asking is that in the Amazon review, they state "This memory is designed for the following systems:Apple Power Mac G5 Dual Core 2.3GHz;Apple Power Mac G5 Dual Core 2GHz;Apple Power Mac G5 Quad 2.5GHz."

Yet the specs seem to be ok.

Many thanks for any replies!!!! :)

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello Jonesey.... Welcome to GeeksToGo, :) :) :)

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. We will try to help you resolve this as soon as possible.
Please understand we are all volunteers and we are not here all the time. Sometimes it may be a extended amount of time to get back to you. If it has been more then 3 days please shoot me a PM and I will try to get back to you quickly then.

I am going to suggest you try the following to get the exact configuration for your system. This will guarantee that the memory is compatible.

Go to HERE and run the Crucial online scanner.
This will give you the exact memory configuration for your system. You do not have to buy the memory from there, but write down the information and if you need assistance in purchasing the upgrade memory GTG can assist with suggestions also.

Jonesey

Jonesey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Thanks for the swift answer my friend!!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are very welcome.
I would suggest that if you are not going to replace all your memory then make sure the new memory is as fast as what you have.
With the cost of memory being so low now it would be more cost effective to replace with two 1 gig modules from the same manufacturer and that way they would be 100% compatible and there won't be any issues short of a bad module.

Jonesey

Jonesey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Yes - that's exactly what I plan on doing - replace the lot.

Thank you for your time.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are welcome and let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Jonesey

Jonesey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
rshaffer61 - just to let you know that I've installed 4Gb of fully matched RAM, and since then, my machine has never been faster, has not crashed once (I was getting regular BSOD's - BAD POOL CALLER)

You can close this topic if that's standard operating practice.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Congratulations. :) for a successful resolution for your issue.

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible

KevinMartin

KevinMartin

Spammer

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Obviously,if you are going to setup 4gb ram in your pc then it will never slow down or crashed.