Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant stay connected to the internet...

• Please log in to reply

lifeson

lifeson

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi,
I am running windows xp on a gateway desktop computer.My web browser of choice is Firefox. My computer will not connect to the internet unless i restart it. Even then it will not stay connected for more than 5 minutes or so tops.I connect to the internet through a wireless router. I have two laptops that connect just fine. I recently had a friend of mine over and he tried to delete Zone Alarm free edition. Currently I cannot find Zone Alarm on my computer but I know remnants of it are there as my friend did not properly uninstall it. Could this be why my computer will not stay connected to the internet? I have tried looking up information on uninstalling zone alarm but as I said I cannot open it or even find it! It is no longer listed in the add remove programs list either. Again I know parts of it are still on my computer. I have tried everything I can think of. Any help would be appreciated!
Thank You!
Paul

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
If you suspect you're having problems with Zonealarm, you might want to reinstall Zonealarm and uninstall it properly. Read THIS.

lifeson

lifeson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hello Makai,
Thanks for the help. The problem is I cannot access zone Alarm no matter what I do. I think I need to remove it piece by piece. It is not accessible yet I know there are remnants of it on my computer. This is a very frustrating situation, I have tried everything I can think of. Any idea of how to manually remove ZA piece by piece? Do you think this would help? Any suggestions will be much appreciated.I cannot reinstall Zone Alarm, I've tried several times.
Take Care,
Paul

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
ZA Removal Tool: http://download.zone.../cpes_clean.exe

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
If the tool Broni linked doesn't work, please let us know why you can't reinstall ZA. What kind of errors are you getting?