Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Acer 5520 BLACK SCREEN AND POWER LIGHT FLASHING!

• Please log in to reply

vlad42

vlad42

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
First of all I all Im new here (this is my first topic)

Acer 5520 black screen and light flashing

Well to start off this is not my computer and i only want to now what is wrong with it.
Its a Acer 5520 laptop
Symptoms
When i turn it on normaly (by pressing the power button) like half a secound later the fan starts weekly and the power button glows green
a secound later the light shuts off and the fan stops working. A nother secound later the light lights up again but the fan stops spinning.
and again and again......
I've searched all the websites i could find but i couldn't find the solution, untill i came accross a post that told me to press FN+Esc and the power button, that made the light blink orange and after pressin the power button like five times the computer turned on and the fan started to spin like crazy, the power light would hold green.
Then i thoght the problem was with the inverter so i took it oul to examine it. it looked like it was running nice and then the big discovery happend. i accidently toched the inverter while the laptop was on and the blacklight went white. so after a minute of thinkig i knew that the problem wasn't with the backlight. The next day i was looking on the internet the manual for the laptop and i found out that the hhd recovery could be opend by using the alt+f10 buttons, so i tried that and it worked! the laptop started System recovery however my succes was short lived when i mindlessly pressed the start windows normaly button knowing that the harddrive wasn't there (it broke with the laptop) and i got the blue screen of death! it said something but it quickly dissapeard i tried doing the same thing i did before with no succes. Finaly after a week of tring i finaly got the ACER logo up but it too quickly dissapeard. Also something to note that the computer had NO VIRUSES on it,trust me. The hdd is broken and it had some valuable info on it however im more interested in the laptop than the hdd. The warranty had expired and i dont want to take it to the repair shop.

Can someone tell me what is wrong!
Any help appretiated :)

Also The computer had turned off by itself in hibernation mode the first time the problems started.
Don't know how that will help but please dont be affraid to give me ideas!

Edited by vlad42, 18 October 2009 - 09:43 PM.

Advertisements