Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

converting text to csv file

• Please log in to reply

proudtexan

proudtexan

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
i was wondering if there is any free tools that will let ya scan and covert a scan file into lets say csv format to import in to a address book

Advertisements

4uz

4uz

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
type this into the google search box; convert text file to csv file you'll get an answer.

proudtexan

proudtexan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
ok i scan saved it as a text filr with wordpad then imported it into open office calc and saved it as a excel document xls then used a program called convert xls. all the info for my contacts such as email phone numbers etc was there after i converted the document. but once i imported it to my address book nothing was there but phone numbers not even the contacts name. what can i be doing wrong. i follow all the steps

4uz

4uz

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
i am not a regular answer man for forums. i just directed you to astarting place for your problem. go to the site where you got those instrutions. if it has ahelp forum join and and ask your question there. www.speedguide.com and www.fileguru.com have forums.