Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unknown Pgm in Control Pnl

• Please log in to reply

Chowa

Chowa

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everybody, I'm Chowa. Chowa in Japanese means harmony. Have lived in and out of Japan since 1954. Have degrees in Electronic Engr and Aerospace Engr but being 75 yr old, not much of a computer Geek. Question: Was browsing thru my list of installed programs in my control pnl. Noticed one small app called Spigot. Tried WEB search but got nowhere. Anyone know what this app does? Was ready to dump it. Tks

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Hi Chowa,

Spigot appears to be software for advanced industrial flow cytometry cell sorting instruments from “Cytopeia Software Development”

I found some very limited FAQ’s for Spigot versions 6 or greater, but I am not registered there so I can’t get the full details.
https://www.cytopeia.......op=view&t=5

Or it may be related to Backdoor.Spigot witch is a Backdoor Trojan that gives an attacker unauthorized access to a compromised computer.

So to be on the safe side I would recommend that you that you start a new thread in the Virus, Spyware and Trojan Removal area.

Before you post a log click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide
this will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your logs.

Thanks,