Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Thank You Very Much (Please Read)

• Please log in to reply

revenger

revenger

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I have had problems with my computer for the last 4 months. I had several friends look at it in an attempt to fix the problems. I have had no luck in removing the items causing the problems til I found this website online. I started with the malware and spyware cleaning guide. I went step by step and over a course of 2 hours, going back and forth not 2 hours in front of computer, I was able to remove 968 items by malware and 803 by avast! I had TrojanVundo, worm.koobface, regdenfender, workp2p, trojan dropper, cdpinch, zbit and several others. These have now been removed!

I had almost given up and was going to purchase a new computer until I found this website, installed the proper programs and ran them.

Anyone who reads this that is not a moderator and needing help, please feel safe in following the instructions given.

After reading several posts, it is obvious that there are several people out there willing to help people like me who have very limited knowledge in computers. I want to thank all of you for devoting your time and efforts. This is now my favorite website and I am going to tell everyone I know, this site is the best for help.

Thank you very much! Revenger

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thank you for the kind words and we are happy you were able to resolve your problem.
The genuine thank you and excitement you show for the site and the assistance is why we all do this.
Being able to help someone who has exhausted all avenues and finally come here for help. I'm sure everyone here at GTG will be happy with your feedback and we are happy to have the appreciation you have expressed in this post.
Thank you and please enjoy the forums and suggestions offered by not only staff but other members who take pride in helping system owners like yourself.

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Thanks for the kind words, and enjoy the forums.

I was able to remove 968 items by malware and 803 by avast! I had TrojanVundo, worm.koobface, regdenfender, workp2p, trojan dropper, cdpinch, zbit and several others.

That's a lot of nasty junk, and a lot of times there will be some of it left behind. I would suggest that you post in the Virus, Spyware and Trojan Removal just to make sure you are completely clean. It really shouldn’t take long since you got most, if not all of it clean already.

Thanks again for the kind words, and welcome to Geeks To Go :)

Red798

Red798

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Found GeeksToGo via McAffee forums tonight. I seem to have sorted my daughter's laptop :)

I also learnt a lot (I work in IT!!) and enjoyed it. I found the advice under Virus, Spuware and Trojan Remaval_ Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide excellent. Not too patronising, but giving enough information. Was releived to find my own PC to be clean.

Thank you