Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP constantly re-starting (even in safe mode)

• Please log in to reply

Brad2

Brad2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
oki doke,
Thank you both again.

Advertisements

mikeloeven

mikeloeven

• PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
sorrey to hear you got fed up but there is a program i use at my company to nul a forgotten password most of the time it works ok but if you use EFS encryption you will loose that data by wiping a pssword the program is passwordrenew.exe and you need a working computer to run it on just point it at the windows directory on the target drive and it will display a list of user accounts you can than either change or remove the password and than boot the drive normally.

or if you want to use c as an external drive and only need access to the files you can alwas just take ownership of them using this tutorial http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

thought you would like to know if you ever get locked out of your account again

Edited by mikeloeven, 27 October 2009 - 08:36 PM.

Brad2

Brad2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Yes.
Thank you for your time on that.
It is good to know.

I'm now ignoring my PC, knowing the task that is ahead. :-/

My wife got us online last night, so it's just a matter of downloading . . .well, pretty much everything. ;-)

Thanks again all.