Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TD310X

• Please log in to reply

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Hi guys :)

I have just recently upgraded to windows 7 premium from vista home premium, everything is fine except for a device
(1) unspecified
Model TS310X
Category unknown
Status Needs troubleshooting.

On trouble shooting, I ask for it to be found and fixed,
It's found as TD310X, reports driver missing, but cannot find the driver to fix it - (N0 driver found)

I am not sure what device it is, I don't think it's my videomate: C200 USB A/V Capture Stick (which I re-installed, and seems okay)
but it could in all probability be my Swann USB 2.0 DVR Guardian monitoring & Surveillance System ... ? which appears to have re-installed okay, but when I open for monitoring I get the following from PC DVR-4-Net

! Class does not exist
.errorcode=0x583

Your help would be so appreciated, I do think it's the Swann, as ot was working fine with Windows vista :)

Thnx so much for your time

Ricky

Edited by Ricky_22, 23 October 2009 - 10:18 PM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
1. Open Device Manager (Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager)
2. The hardware whose drivers are missing will appear as Unknown device, so it's easier to locate the device.
3. Right click on the unknown device and click on Properties.
4. Under the Properties window click on Details tab and select Device Instance Id from the drop down box.
5. You should see a code similar to this

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27DC&SUBSYS_30868086
&REV_01\4&1E46F438&0&40F0

6. The portion of the code highlighted in RED is the Vendor ID and the portion highlighted in GREEN is the Device ID. In this example:

Vendor ID = 8086
Device ID = 27DC

7. Once you have obtained both the IDs, proceed to PCI Database. There you can either search for the vendor from the vendor ID or directly get information about the device along with the vendor name by searching with the device ID.

8. Then from there you can go directly to the hardware manufactureres website and get the driver.

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

1. Open Device Manager (Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager)
2. The hardware whose drivers are missing will appear as Unknown device, so it's easier to locate the device.
3. Right click on the unknown device and click on Properties.
4. Under the Properties window click on Details tab and select Device Instance Id from the drop down box.
5. You should see a code similar to this

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27DC&SUBSYS_30868086
&REV_01\4&1E46F438&0&40F0

6. The portion of the code highlighted in RED is the Vendor ID and the portion highlighted in GREEN is the Device ID. In this example:

Vendor ID = 8086
Device ID = 27DC

7. Once you have obtained both the IDs, proceed to PCI Database. There you can either search for the vendor from the vendor ID or directly get information about the device along with the vendor name by searching with the device ID.

8. Then from there you can go directly to the hardware manufactureres website and get the driver.

Thank you :)

There wasn't an 'device instance id' in the drop down box, but here's what I found in similar dropdowns:

Device Instance Path = USB\VID_3100&PID_F200\5&21E739F&0&8 all in the same colour (black)

Hardware Ids = USB\VID_3100&PID_F200&REV_9209
...............USB\VID_3100&PID_F200

Does that tell you what device is giving the problem? and why am I getting the feeling that it's the video stick? :)

thank you for your time

Ricky

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
It looks to me like modem (internal).

geekhelp4u

geekhelp4u

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
If it is an internal modem - have you tried running windows updates to see if it finds the device and drivers needed? IF no - have you checked device manager to see if a modem is listed? If not try grabbing your modem drivers from the manufacturers website and see if this takes care of the issue.

What is the make and model of the machine?

Have you checked the basics to see if it may be something obvious - such as a PCMCIA or express card slot? Maybe a smart card reader? Check all of your hardware on your machine and then compare to the device manager to see if anything looks like it is missing from the list.

Edited by geekhelp4u, 24 October 2009 - 12:06 PM.

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

It looks to me like modem (internal).

internal modem is working okay, driver up-to-date - not used though :) I have a broadband adsl modem supplied by service provider (bigpond)

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

If it is an internal modem - have you tried running windows updates to see if it finds the device and drivers needed? IF no - have you checked device manager to see if a modem is listed? If not try grabbing your modem drivers from the manufacturers website and see if this takes care of the issue.

What is the make and model of the machine?

Have you checked the basics to see if it may be something obvious - such as a PCMCIA or express card slot? Maybe a smart card reader? Check all of your hardware on your machine and then compare to the device manager to see if anything looks like it is missing from the list.

Windows updates have all been applied!
An internal modem is listed (microsoft) strange that my external modem, ADSL the one I use, is not listed!

geekhelp4u

geekhelp4u

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

ADSL the one I use, is not listed!

What is the make and model of the modem?

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

ADSL the one I use, is not listed!

What is the make and model of the modem?

Make=2WIRE (made in China) www.2wire.com
Model=2071-A

geekhelp4u

geekhelp4u

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Are you plugging directly into your machine or running wireless?

Additionally - are you using any of the 2wire NIC cards such as the PCI or PC Cards? Or are you simply plugging the network cable into the slot that came on your PC?

Is your Swann working? If not - have you tried running it in compatibility mode?

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Are you plugging directly into your machine or running wireless?

Additionally - are you using any of the 2wire NIC cards such as the PCI or PC Cards? Or are you simply plugging the network cable into the slot that came on your PC?

Is your Swann working? If not - have you tried running it in compatibility mode?

Directly into machine

No, no cards that I am aware of.

It's when I use my Swann that I get the error message,

the swann logo comes up okay when I go to PC DVR-4-Net, as it used to, but then instead of going to the camera screen (there are 4 of them, though I am only using one at the moment :) can't aford more cameras just yet) I get the message = !
Class does not exist.
.errorcode=0x583

I'm not sure how to run it in compatibility mode?

Edited by Ricky_22, 24 October 2009 - 04:23 PM.

freerpg

freerpg

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i got this code too, it happens on my security system. its a usb 4 channel wireless video setup. i am running win 7 64 bit and errorcode=0x583 comes up everytime i initialise it. the program is called superdvr but there seems to be no actual website for this company so i am at a loss as to how to update their software

Sharonlmartin

Sharonlmartin

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Unfortunately the Swann security system does not run on a 64 bit operating system, I am also having the same problem, they told me it won't work with 64 bit and they have no plans for drivers to work with it either :D :D