Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 Enterprise .rar file..need to convert to .iso to install in

• Please log in to reply

L.Martofel

L.Martofel

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hi guys...(And gals). Over at Tech Net, you can download a copy of Windows 7 Enterprise edition. I got myself a copy, and while it was downloading, it was supposed to be an .ISO file. But, alas, it was a .RAR file. Is there a way I can make this a bootable disk, so that I can install it into my shiny new computer, and run it until I get the cash saved up for a retail edition of Win7?

Advertisements

Deon

Deon

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Is there not an ISO inside the RAR?

All I can think off is using something like MagicISO or PowerISO and extracting all the files from the RAR into the ISO program.

This will generate an ISO that you can then mount or burn as you wish.

Deon :)

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Uninstall WinRar and try another download from TechNet or download and burn the file on a machine that doesn't have it installed.

You will need a burning program capable of burning ISO image files...such as the ones suggested above.

Deon

Deon

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Ah of course!
WinRar stole the ISO associations when it was installed :)

Edited by Deon, 26 October 2009 - 08:18 PM.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
How to Create and Make Bootable Windows 7 ISO from EXE Plus Setup1.Box and Setup2.Box Files: http://www.smartestc...showtopic=37785
Windows 7 32-Bit (x86) Direct Download Links: http://www.smartestc...showtopic=37786

R Keeler

R Keeler

• Pip
  • 1 posts
If you use a program like InfraRecorder (I do), when you select it to burn an image, when you navigate to the location you downloaded the .rar file, it will see it as an image and burn it as an iso just fine. That's how I burned my Win 7 to disc when I did my installation. Hope this helps.

Edited by R Keeler, 28 October 2009 - 11:59 AM.