Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Major PC failings! Probably loads of issues... Please help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Willium_Bob_Cole

Willium_Bob_Cole

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hi, I originally posted here http://www.geekstogo...us-t256540.html
however I couldn't tell you if the original issue is still in place or if it's even of top priority...

As I have said in that thread, my PC is nigh on unusable and I kinda wanna sort it before it gets beyond repair.

Currently I cannot connect to the Internet, my startup progs show up in processes but there are no icons in the task tray area, I can barely use anything, I can't get far into a full scan on AVG, some of the files it tries to scan apparently are conflicting, and anything I DO manage to get working is irrelevant because the whole PC becomes unresponsive after maybe about an hour. I have yet to see a BSoD, however I fear one is not far off...

I hope it isn't beyond repair but I think urgent help is needed just incase. I know you want logs off me but I don't know where to start so ask and I shall deliver, I will just have to transfer the logs from my PC to my landlady's one to upload it coz of Internet >< lol

thank you for any help you can give
WBC

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
This is a malware issue so you need to deal with it in the link you posted

You need to post the logs we have asked for as well