Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Excel 2003 ActiveX Error Message

• Please log in to reply

krc2542

krc2542

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I have recently upgraded MS Office to Office 2003. Whenever I open Excel I get the following error message. This application is attempting to initialize ActiveX controls that might be unsafe. I'm not trying to open a spread sheet, just excel with nothing but the normal template.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can probably set it so that the warning does not show, however, it is by default, and designed to prevent opening a document with erroneous content.

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;827742

Unless the warning is a big problem, it is probably safer to leave it in place.

krc2542

krc2542

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I am not opening a document. Just Excel. It doesn't behae like this on any other machine I have or support (about a dozen). No make that 2 doozen since I use about another dozen different computers at work. The all have the same security setting. Something else is wrong with this one.