Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how can I access phoenix awardbios cmos set-up utility if it requires

• Please log in to reply

minister

minister

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I re-downloaded an internet security suite from att and upon restarting my computer as they had requested the computer loaded to a F8 screen with options to restart in safe mode, last known good configuration, boot, etc. whenever i press any of those options I am redirected to a blue screen saying a thread tried to release a resource it did not own therefore windows had to shut down. It directs you to check the hardware and software to see if it were properly installed. if this continues disable or remove the hardware or software also disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing.
technical support
stop: 0X000000E3 (0X80558BE0, 0485BCA548 0X00000000, 0X00000002
I can not get beyond this page. when I hold down the delete button I can go to a
phoenix AwardBios CMOS setup Utility but I dont no the password to access it and possible change the Bios settings.

Edited by minister, 27 October 2009 - 03:36 PM.

Advertisements

Germando

Germando

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Try running recovery console from a cd assuming this is xp. If you want to get into bios to try to fix things the easiest way without knowing the password is to open your case and move the jumper to reset all cmos settings to default. The location and method for doing this varies according to the maker of he motherboard in question.

G