Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows will not boot properly and safe mode BSOD

• Please log in to reply

cyneea

cyneea

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
thats really weird....it did the same thing asking me
windows firewall cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running.Do you want to start the windows firewall/ics service?
at no time was there any kind of an advanced tab?

Advertisements

cyneea

cyneea

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
....and btw my copy of windows is not genuine :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

....and btw my copy of windows is not genuine :)

OK how did this happen?
Where did it come from?
Where did you see this?

cyneea

cyneea

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
oh no...your not one of those microsoft people that work undercover are you??
well the original computer techie who put my computer together did it...so there :)
on a serious note though
what is up with the firewall thing?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Do you have a registration key for the XP on your system or is there a sticker on the side of your system with the reg key and the version of XP installed?

Firewall problem is something to do with the services and I am checking into that.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
BTW I don't work for Microsoft either. I am a volunteer who is disabled and have been doing this for almost 14 years now.
I enjoy helping others and I have to ask per the Terms of Use on the board.

cyneea

cyneea

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
well unfortunately i do not have a reg key for windows xp and not at the side of my comp either that i can see....and sorry i was only kidding about the microsoft thing

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK at this point we have a problem now.
Per the TOU

We here at GeeksToGo will not assist you with issues relating to copied, pirated, or in any other way stolen programs. It is a direct violation of our TOS (Terms Of Service) to offer any assistance in this matter.

What this means is that I can no longer assist in this problem. I'm sorry but when a member joins they agree to the TOU on the site and that includes myself as a staff member. I can suggest you contact a Moderator or Administrator and have them clarify this and if they let me know i will continue with the assistance. Again I am sorry but I must close this topic pending a review by the above staff members.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
rshaffer61 is correct that we cannot help you with a pirated version of your software. If you wish to contact Microsoft and make your copy legal, we can then assist you further. If you would like further direction from us in how to make your copy legal, we can help you with that as well, and then fix the rest of your issues.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

hi rshaffer61,
you last helped me with my computer issues and had to stop because i didn't have a genuine copy of windows. so now my computer is just weird and still acting up...it is about 8 years old now and for a christmas present my hubby agreed to buy one for me. the problem is i have no idea what to get, i want something fast, reliable and ample memory space. i was wondering if you wouldnt mind helping me by recommending something since you know a lot more than i would. i was more gearing towards referbished on tigerdirects website and dont want to spend loads. would u mind giving me your opinion on this one?? http://www.tigerdire...a...&CatId=5140
and what are things i should look for? and whats the dif between adm and intel?
thanks

OK let's see if I can help out here.
Amd and Intel are just the two cpu manufacturers and they are close enough for the range you are talking about buying that it won't make a difference which one you buy.
The price is all that you will have to figure in.
The system you linked to seems to be a good one and Tiger Direct has always been a good online retailer for me. I also found this one HERE at New Egg which is close to the same thing you linked to. This one has more memory but a smaller HD.

Advertisements

cyneea

cyneea

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
thanks again for your reply,
now more memory you mean ram right? and windows vista im not too crazy about is it possible to upgrade to windows 7 or xp?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
is it possible to upgrade to windows 7 or xp
Upgrade to windows 7 and don't downgrade to XP. You have 4 gigs of memory in the one you asked about so that should be fine considering what you had.
Also I looked and you would be eligible for the Win 7 upgrade.

cyneea

cyneea

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
i know i just looked into that..i ordered that computer so i should get it any day in the mail, if i should have any problems I will def. come here
thanks again
and happy holidays! xo

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Good luck and let us know how everything works out for you. :)