Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

'no mixer devices' errors and registry fix gone wrong

• Please log in to reply

Slash_rules

Slash_rules

• Pip
  • 5 posts
well heres the issue

i recently noticed that the sound on youtube or anything on the browsers was not working however the sounds from my computer worked e.g music videos etc however i could still not access the volume control as i kept getting the no mixer devices... message.

i tried everything to fix it but couldn't, until i came across this http://www.geekstogo...ox-t244731.html , im referring to the registry fix post, i stupidly did the registry fix without backing up my previous one.

i now don't have any sound at all, except the computer beeps when i do certain things such as ending a process.

is there any way i can fix this? does someone know what that registry file did?
if i need to give system details then someone has to tell me a way or a program that will show me.

thank you

Edited by Slash_rules, 30 October 2009 - 02:33 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
try reinstalling your sound card drivers

is this a prebuilt computer (dell, hp, etc..) or custom built? do you know what kind of soundcard you've got?

Slash_rules

Slash_rules

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
yes it is a prebuilt

its a philips mt1100

how would i check the name of the sound card?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
let me guess...you're in the UK? where did you buy the computer?

Slash_rules

Slash_rules

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
yes i am, i bought it from pc world

does anyone know what that registry file http://www.geekstogo...ox-t244731.html did ? or what it might have replaced

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
the script basically re assigns certain driver files and DLLs and a whole slew of other funky stuff of that nature...

typical of PC World...they sold you the machine...but now have absolutely no record of it's existence on their site...Philips (at least the site i can get to...the US version...i can't get to the uk version...try going to www.philips.com) doesn't list computers at all so i can't look there

Download Everest from this link :
http://www.majorgeek...wnload4181.html

Run everest then click on the Report menu. Select Report Wizard, then select Hardware Related pages. Create the report as a TXT file (if this option is available). When its finished compiling, save the report & then attach it with your next post.:.

Slash_rules

Slash_rules

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
thanks i hope it helps

Attached Files

Slash_rules

Slash_rules

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts