Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virtual Memory !

• Please log in to reply

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
This kinda reminds me of the BANKS. There are some banks that POST your deposits right away, but there are others that have a 1-day delay before you see your deposits, only way to describe it.

Advertisements

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
I spoke with my ISP and was told that all of the networks on my end are all OK. Nothing is showing any thing slowing or delaying from my end. We checked my E-mail to make sure that there were no delays over the airways, and it checked out alright. So I don't know what is going on. I thought that maybe because I have downloaded several different files and folders to help stamp out all the critters on this PC, that, maybe that would cause something to go haywire.

Every since the problems started with the UPLOADS failing, this problem started.

I still can not see the most recent postings.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer, Runner and Azral:

I just wanted to recap. I spoke with my ISP yesterday and was told that every thing on my end is in good working order, their instruments show that there is no problem.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go to the top of this window and click on My Controls
On left side click on Manage Attachments
In new window check every attachment and then click Delete I think the problem is you are at the limit of the attachments size you have to use.
Hopefully that will fix that part of the problem

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
OMG:

I can see .... :) It's a miracle. I've been HEALED

rshaffer YOU THE MAN :)

Edited by simplee55, 12 November 2009 - 04:53 PM.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Wow!
Fantastic!
Unbelievable!

Would have never thought of that one. :) :) :)

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
OMG,

Now I can see my and Runners postings.

YESSSSS

Edited by simplee55, 12 November 2009 - 05:14 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

OMG:

I can see .... :) It's a miracle. I've been HEALED

rshaffer YOU THE MAN :)

:)
As soon as Azarl pm'd me I though of that and even mentioned it to him.
Now the question is can you see everything he was sending to you now?

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Guys:

I don't know how to explain this.

It's been the number of pages that's giving me the problems.

The last post I literally see right now is Post 199, on that post rshaffer gave me instructions about CLEANING out my Attachment folder, which I did.

I posted back right away, that I can see everything now. I even saw what Runner said about being Fantastic .... etc. Now its not there .... gone.

But in reality, I should be seeing Runners reply to me and also my post, neither are there now.

I'm typing this message in my Outlook Express and that's how I can tell you exactly what I'm seeing now. I'm going between WinXP forum and Malware forum, looking at both at the same time.

Azral keeps asking me to go to Post #75, well I don't see post 75, it's just NOT there, it's missing because of the pages. A couple of days ago, I did see Post 75, but now gone. The last Post I see from Azral is post 73.

What I'm gonna tell you is weird, but I did see his and my most resent postings today, but I can't see them any more because the page numbers keep jumping, I don't know how to explain that any better.

Techs look at the paging system, something is off.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer:

did you see Post 204 yet??

look what I said.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
In your malware forum did you scroll to the bottom of the page and click on page #6 ?
You may not be advancing to the next page.
Yes I see post #204

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer:

Look at the SNAPSHOT I took of your last posting #189.

Guess what, that's NOT your last posting, your last posting is #199 on PAGE 14, not page 13. The snapshot that your looking at says on my screen it's page 14 instead of page 13. On my screen the page numbers keep switching the post, that's why I can not see what is being posted immediately like I should, or at all.

As I type this message to you, my two postings and Runners posting are not on page 13 or page 14, nowhere to be found, they should be on page 14, the last page number of the post. The page numbers on my screen are out of sink.

I hope you or someone is understanding what I'm trying to convey???

P.S. I got the UPLOAD back ... :)

I just got a E-mail notification from you rshaffer, I clicked on the link in the E-mail and it took me right to my last post, which is where I'm typing this message from, in other words, I clicked on the Edit button so I could put this last statement in. I had already closed this posting up and closed by browser. I went to my E-mail, and there your notification was. So it took me right back to where I am. There is no posting from you.

I hope you can figue this one out !!!

Edited by simplee55, 12 November 2009 - 07:08 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I don't know what to tell you. This makes no sense to me at all.
You are answering my post so you are seeing them. This post will be post # 208 on page 14.
I can't tell you anymore then that.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

rshaffer:

PLEASE forgive me for this PM, but I recieved a notification this morning from you. If you sent a message to me, I have NO idea what you said because I can't see any new postings.

The last thing on my screen you said is this:

Go to the top of this window and click on My Controls
On left side click on Manage Attachments
In new window check every attachment and then click Delete I think the problem is you are at the limit of the attachments size you have to use.
Hopefully that will fix that part of the problem

That's the last posting I see. The last page I see on my screen is page 13. When I receive any notifications and I click on the link inside of that notification, it should bring me right to that New posting, it doesnt, it takes me to the TOP of page 13, OK, what about page 14, because that's where the NEW posting should be located and that's where I should be.

So when I click on page 14, again which is the last page on my screen, I should see any new postings ... not so.

Again, I know it's against the RULES, but I dont know how else to do this.

simplee

I will answer this here and also try to egt a Moderator or Administrator[/b] to take a look at this and see if they have a answer for the problem.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Guys:

I'm right back where I started. I can not see any NEW postings, my bet is, I will only be able to see what I'm typing now.

After I hit the SEND button, my post will appear, but when I close my BROWSER and come back, I won't be able to see this post either.

OMG, after I hit the SEND button to look at my post, there's a SNAPSHOT that appears on this posting, I never UPLOADED anything this morning. It looks like the SNAPSHOT I uploaded yesterday.

Edited by simplee55, 13 November 2009 - 11:23 AM.