Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is geeks.com a reputable website? Is this laptop decent?

• Please log in to reply

epcomics

epcomics

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
I'm looking to get a new laptop and found a very cheap (in price) Acer on geeks.com ( http://www.geeks.com...O...8-R&cat=NBB ). I have two questions...Is this a good website or am I going to get screwed? And, is this a decent Laptop?

Advertisements

geekhelp4u

geekhelp4u

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
At the end of the day - do you want to pay $289.99 for a REFURBISHED laptop from a questionable company that only has a 90 day warranty?

If it were me - I would pay the extra $60 and get a brand new machine with a full year warranty from the manufacturer - and buy it from:

radio shack: Acer Machine at Radio Shack

best buy:Acer Machine at Best Buy

or even have a look at the ones at Tiger Direct. Sort the machines by price from low to high!

Edited by geekhelp4u, 31 October 2009 - 10:50 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I have never heard of them.
We usually recommend
TigertDirect or NewEgg for our USA guests.

epcomics

epcomics

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Thanks for the help guys. I'll probably just get it brand new from Tigertdirect or Newegg.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are welcome and you might want to become familiar with them as you will probably be asked at some time or another for recommendations for parts. :) :)

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
I'll put my 2 cents in also.
Tiger Direct or Newegg. Both very reputable.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
I get all my computer parts and laptops from newegg. The prices are very good, merchandise is well packaged, they have decent customer service...and I really like the 3 day shipping.