Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Brutal Legend

• Please log in to reply

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
I was told by a friend that this would be the game for me, because of the music that plays a big role in it.
Not being much of a gamer I wouldn't mind buying it for my PC, but I only found versions for XBOX360 or PS3

So I basically have 2 questions:

1. In your experience do these games get marketed as PC games later or is it no use to wait?
2. If I decide to buy a console, which of the 2 do you prefer and why?

Thanks for your time and any answers. :)

Advertisements

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Hi Metallica,

Apparently, according to the FAQ on the Brutal Legend website, there is no plan for the game to be released on the PC. This probably means that a PC version won't be developed, but you can never really know. In my experience, usually the games I play on console don't really make it to the PC.

If you had to choose between the two, it really depends on what you're looking for. If you just want a console to play games on, the Xbox 360 is only $199 now (atleast in the US), so I'd probably go with that. However, the PS3 isn't too expensive either ($299 now), but it also comes with a hard drive and a blue ray player, so it's more of a multimedia station.

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hi Metallica :)

Like mpascal said there is no planned development for a PC version.

The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 are Brutal Legend’s launch platforms. Inside sources claimed that a Wii version was under development, but cancelled due to quality concerns. It was clarified by Tim Schafer in July 2009 that there are no plans to develop a PC version.

Seems to be a new trend that PC support is dropped. Its not like it used to be. We always used to be the first :)

If you were to go for a console I would go for a PS3. Its more expensive but from what I have seen you are paying for quality. There have been so many X-BOX 360's fail from what I have seen and with the PS3 you get the BlueRay player which future proofs you in terms of DVD's.
Plus I think they look better and the new slim line version is tiny.

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Hi,

Just to add to rev's comment, the Xbox has been known to fail on many occasions (I've had 2 red rings myself, and I don't really play it that often). Now that the price has dropped on the PS3, I think it's well worth the buy :)

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• Topic Starter
  • GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Thanks guys, :)

The BlueRay player was a bonus I hadn't realized.
The prices here are practically the same, only in Euros.

I think I'll go for the PS3 when I receive payment for the extra job I'm working on.

ali.B

ali.B

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,086 posts
Great choice Metallica :)

I bought the PS3 when it first got into market and I enjoyed every single Game on it! yes they are expensive but you pay for something that is worth it!

Let us know if you need any recommendation for games :)

snowchick7669

snowchick7669

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
We have to keep the Xbox 360 and PS3 on opposite sides of the TV, I wouldn't want to offend the PS3 by having to sit next to a 360 :)

I'd definitely recommend a PS3 also, the majority of the games are generally great fun and the next couple of years look great for game releases.

Awaiting God of War 3 :)

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• Topic Starter
  • GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts

Let us know if you need any recommendation for games :)

Knowing my gaming skills, I'll only need the one that was recommended to me. :)

ali.B

ali.B

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,086 posts

Awaiting God of War 3 :)

ME TOO !

I can't wait till it's on market..I love this game , fantastic!

some of my favorites are Call of duty, resistance 1 & 2, prince of persia and of course "pro evolution" am a master in this game :)

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• Topic Starter
  • GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Fetched and installed my PS3 Slim today.
And played the first few levels of Brütal Legend. Love it indeed. Good call from my friend. :)

Any of you guys know any nice games my wife and I can play together?
We do have a second Dual Shock Controller.