Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What can problem be?

• Please log in to reply

dylan123

dylan123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
well 5-5-5-18 is what the corsair xms2 ddr2 800 Pc6400 ram is?:S

and im asking if i have 1 stick with 5-5-5-18 and diff stick with 4-6-7-12 for example, will that be bad?

Also i ran memtest again on the 1gig of ram and after 1 hour and 30mins it was still going no errors and at 5th pass?

Advertisements

dylan123

dylan123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
2GB DDR2-800 240-pin DIMM 5-5-5 JetRam - 256Mx64 / 128Mx8

Is what i currently am replacing, you think the corsair will be a plus? also i would like to know why my 1 gig freezes when i play my game, i can be doing nothing at all just standing lowest graphics and it freezes..

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The difference in speed will be minimal due to the fact that the fastest memory will slow down to match the slower memory.
Corsair will help but i would take out old memory and just run the 2 gigs of new memory.
Game probably freezes due to the 1 gig of memory and\or the video is over working.

dylan123

dylan123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
So in no way do you think its internet related?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The system freezing?
I seriously doubt internet would cause the system itself to freeze.

dylan123

dylan123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Also im just wondering about power surges? when power goes out, or if i shut power bar, is that bad for computer?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The best way is to disconnect power from wall completely when turning the system off.
This will prevent any kind of power going through the power strip or surge protector.
If your area is highly hit by power outages then it may be a good ideal to invest in a UPS to give you some time to shut the system down safely.

dylan123

dylan123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Hey i got my ram in, and im looking if you can explain in detail how to install it(anti static-remove-download,, etc.. )

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'm not sure what you are asking about.
Anti static is usually a Velcro type wrist band you have on that grounds you.
Remove as in remove what?
Download as in what are you trying to download?

dylan123

dylan123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Alright so i got the 2gigs of ram today from UPS and installed it, it had a constant ring going like the one i told you about in the other post, i then reinstalled the ram and its frozed on start up? i then turned it around to try that but got the screan no signal. . . this is the only ram stick inside im trying? what can it be...

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Constant ring is usually a overheating problem.
Memory ring is usually a couple of beeps.
If your mobo has colored coded slots they have to be in the correct slots. If it is banked then there may be certain banks it needs ot be in.
Find bank 1 and put in one stick. Does it work then?

dylan123

dylan123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Alright the ram in slot one says repair/start normally repair ended up freezing before it started ram slot 2 asked same thing and i choosed start up normally. AND GOT BLUE SCREEN, NOW IT RESTARTED... AND GAVE ME OPTION, SAFEMODE/SAFEMODE WITH NETWORKING, SAFE MODE WITH COMMAND PROMPT, START WINDOWS NORMALLY, BLUE SCREEN AGAIN SAYS. . '' SO I CHOOSED START NORMAL AGAIN AND ITS ALL BLACK WITH YELLO/WHITE/RED/BLUE PIXELS ONTOP?

dylan123

dylan123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
sry didnt mean to add caps and the ''blue screan says again'' also im in safe mode right now no problems

dylan123

dylan123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Correction safe mode just frozed

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok does it have Last known good configuration?
Try that and see if it works.