Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mysterious new hardware found

• Please log in to reply

ageekinneed

ageekinneed

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: Attack of the ninja hardware. Everytime I boot up, my computer says it recognises new hardware. I get the hardware wizard telling me it has "found new hardware". There are three of them, called 88d5b2q0, a7e5b28t and eh06b282. What on earth can these be?? I refuse to allow hardware wizard to install them, as I don't know what they are. I can't find anything about them on google either.

Could these be affecting computer performance? If so, how do I get rid of them? If not, how do I find out what they are and what they do? ;)

Edited by ageekinneed, 15 May 2005 - 07:12 PM.

Advertisements

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
try answersthatwork they have a list about problems like yours i think. If that doesnt help you, i have no idea what could.

Good luck :tazz:

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Well, if you didn't install new hardware and all of a sudden these pop up, I would suspect some kind of malware. Work through the malware guide at the top of this forum where it says "Do you suspect a malware (Spyware, Virus, Trojan) infection? Please start here. " See what you find. If you still have trouble after that, post a hijack this log in the malware forum.