Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATI Radeon 9550 Vidoe Card Problems

• Please log in to reply

Flintlock1776

Flintlock1776

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I play EA Games Medal of Honor the game video "hangs" even though my pings in the game are very low (<50 most times). The game just stops action for me but I don't get disconnected. I suspect it's the video card. I could have messed up whn I went to ATI's web site to check for Video Driver updates (I won't do that again! I don't think there site is really customer friendly)

I ran ATI Multimedia Center Configuration test and it came back: "Capture Driver is not loaded nor enumerated by the de..." Message cuts off and you can't read the rest in the pop up box.

In Device Manager is see under Device Manager " Radeon 9550 but right under that I aslo see Radeon 9550 Secondary"

Have I mistakely double installed the Video Card? ;)

All help is appreciated! :tazz:

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
hard to tell...If you really only have one video card, you could delete both devices from device manager and then re-boot and let windows hardware wiz detect and re-install.

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
does your card have 2 video outputs? if so, that would be the secondary. nothing to worry about.
the ATI site is a little confusing sometimes...they dont readily point out that you have to clean the old drivers out before upgrading (you have to look for it to tell you that!) if you dont clean the old ones out first, it can cause errors like your getting.

to upgrade drivers, download and save the newest drivers and catalyst pack (i think the drivers are included in catalyst) appropriate for your board/OS. you then need to uninstall the current drivers. go to control panel, add remove programs. ther should be an entry called "ATI- software uninstall utility." click that one, it will automatically remove all the drivers, etc.
then reboot the machine. after startup, install the new drivers/catalyst, and see if you keep getting that error.

john_2005

john_2005

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi i got a problem i tryed playing medal of honor wolfenstein and unreal tournament 2004 etc and it lets me play for a few minutes and then my screen shuts off then i go to turn it back on and then the colors are funny looking like yellow and blue then i got to reboot im pretty sure its my video card.

This is the following parts in my computer:

GiGABYTE GA-k8vt800 ALTHLON 64
AMD Sempron 2800+ Socket 754
512 Mb DDR PC400 (infineon)
1.44 Mb Floppy Drive-Black
CDRW/DVD-52x16X-OEM-Blk
WD 80 Gb HD-7200 RPM-2 Mb
Sapphire ATI Radeon 9550 256MB AGP8X
lnexq Wireless-G PCI Network Card
Foxconn TS-01 black ATX 300watt
Sambada CST 6000 2point w/sub
Logitech MX510 Optical Perf. mouse

please :tazz: if you know what my problem is ;)

lazaros

lazaros

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
the same problem.. unreal tournament 2004 and other games are very slow after 10 minutes of playing.. why?