Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question about TFC

• Please log in to reply

bettei

bettei

• PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
I got some help some time ago and used the TFC at that time. However I did not realize it apparently shuts off your anti-virus programs too? I used to get a red flag warning in my taskbar the minute that my CA anti-virus was turned or shut off. Now I can actually open my CA settings and manually turn off the protection, and I no longer get that red warning flag. Is this a problem I should fix...or nothing to worry about?

And the reason I have to shut my virus protection off is because when I work on my photos making a slideshow with a program from Photodex, it will not run correctly with my virus program running at the same time. It treats it as spyware or something, because the Photodex program many times will stop responding. I will add that when I am done working with those slideshows, I am dilligent about turning my virus protection back on. I have tried getting an answer from CA industries on how to make them work compatibly, but I have never gotten a reply. I am not online when I am working on those shows, so am I correct that this is a safe thing to do?

Do you have any advice about not getting that red flag, or anything I should check to make sure nothing has been changed by that TFC?
Thanks

Edited by bettei, 05 November 2009 - 02:24 PM.

Advertisements