Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

recovery drive D: full

• Please log in to reply

novicelady

novicelady

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Dell computer and I recently had to wipe everything and reload Windows Vista which went OK. However, every time I go to download a new bit of software, say mcafee or messenger for example, it tries to download it to Dells recovery drive D; but the problem is this drive/partition/whatever is full as it is quite small and as I understand only exists to hold the recovery files. My C: drive on the other hand is sitting there empty but programmes insist on trying to save to the full recovery drive D. Any help?

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Yes, direct your browser to download somewhere else. Recovery partition shouldn't be touched.

novicelady

novicelady

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Can you instruct me how to direct my browser to do that. It doesn't ever give you an option to choose.

Thanks

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
What browser/version do you use?