Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Restarting

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
There should be only one fan on the Motherboard and that would be the one that is on top of the cpu.
There is also a fan in the powers supply and normally a third fan in the back under the powers supply or in the front of the case.

Advertisements

zomg_gamer

zomg_gamer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

There should be only one fan on the Motherboard and that would be the one that is on top of the cpu.
There is also a fan in the powers supply and normally a third fan in the back under the powers supply or in the front of the case.

I only saw one fan unfortunately and that was the one near the power supply. The other one must have been hidden inside the little covered box near where the CD Rom drives are. Although my computer hasn't crashed once yet, neither any of my programs. I guess my problem is resolved for now :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I believe the one you are describing is the CPU fan.
Has the system restarted on it's own since cleaning it out?

zomg_gamer

zomg_gamer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Not at all. It appears everything is back to normal after cleaning the computer. Thanks for the help rshaffer =)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Then it looks like your issue was created by overheating due to the fan being clogged up.
Keep a eye on it for a couple of days and let me know how everything is working then.
Good job and I hope I have helped in teaching you alittle about your system. :) :) :)

zomg_gamer

zomg_gamer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Then it looks like your issue was created by overheating due to the fan being clogged up.
Keep a eye on it for a couple of days and let me know how everything is working then.
Good job and I hope I have helped in teaching you alittle about your system. :) :) :)

Yes I'll be monitoring it closely the next few weeks and see if any other problems occured.
Thanks for the lesson :) I never really knew you had to clean the insides, just need more RAM now haha, 512MB is hardly enough for a gamer like me.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
This topic will remain open and I will monitor it for awhile to see how everything goes.
Congratulations for a job well done.