Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Running a Call of Duty/uo server @home

• Please log in to reply

aftershok

aftershok

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hey,

You DO NOT need server software to host/serve games. But to have a good server you need lots of ram and a good connection. I play Black Hawk Down and Comanche 4. I host games on that but the most I can get into my server is 8 people becuase of my connection. I have old cables running through my neigborhood. But after you forward ports or use the DMZ, you should be able to host a game. But after a certain amout of logins to your server, you should consider restarting it. I know this becuase Comanche 4 uses alot of resources..

anyways good luck with your server,

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Cool aftershock, im a computer tech myself. Hosting some games are more difficult than others. I have ran servers for over 7 years. I love running servers!! :tazz:

DreadZone

DreadZone

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Please can anyone help??. Im trying to set uo CoDUO home server.

Ive got 1.51 patch installed. OP= XP + Ovislink router. Ive gone thru port forwarding and enabled DMZ.

I can see it on local but on the internet.

Ive chosen pure & internet from the "start your own server" options.

Ive gone thru just about everything i can find. if you can help. i'd be most grateful.
i can be emailed direct at clearstream @ tiscali.co.uk. Thanks

DreadZone

DreadZone

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
AnyBody There?????

Please Help. Going mental

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Im very very busy and i dont get on much. I have listed everything you ever need to know to get a server to work with a router. You just have to look through it yourself. Check these items

Turn off firewalls

Whatever your router gave you for an ip look at the last set of numbers after the last period in the ip. Example if your ip is 192.168.1.1 that your router gave you, in dmz host put 192.168.1.100 and it will work. Save and retry server.

So if you put the wrong numbers in the dmz host blank, it wont work! Dont put a zero in the dmz host blank ever, because it wont work..

Sliz3r1

Sliz3r1

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi all... I have started a new Deticated Server with a desk shortcut...
I got the guide help from http://www.epcgaming...?id=cod_create...

And all that is DONE... And it works... I changed to UO in "Target" (In the shortcut, at my desk) But there is error when i open my server... It says:

******* script compile error *******
unknown function: (file 'maps\mp\gametypes\sd.gsc', line 738)
maps\mp\gametypes\_teams::quickrequests(response);

ERROR: script compile error
(see console for details)
----- Server Shutdown -----
Resolving coduomaster.activision.com
coduomaster.activision.com resolved to 63.146.124.59:20610
Sending heartbeat to coduomaster.activision.com
==== ShutdownGame ====
---------------------------

What is that kind of problem? Thx

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
So, did the regular cod ever work or not? First of all Cod and Cod uo are different.
You cant use a regular cod shortcut to play on cod uo. You need 2 seperate shortcuts on your desktop. One if you want to play on Call of duty and another to play Call of duty United offensive.. If you made that mistake then thats the problem :tazz:

Sliz3r1

Sliz3r1

• Pip
  • 7 posts
ye...The guide & Config maker was FOR regular cod... But when i made the Shortcut at my desk... I just changed the command line in Target to: "C:\Games\Call of Duty\CoDUOMP.exe" And than it worked WITH changing... It started a green window you know at the desk WITH CoD uo.. But the error comes than...

So in your question, Yes reg. CoD worked...
I know they are different :tazz: So i changed the Target.. as i said to CoDUOMP.exe
Well, If there are a good guide/way to make a config/shortcut bla bla...?? So would you be kind telling me plz? Where/how?

thx!

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
I dont run servers that way with adding all those setting in the target line.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
The only thing i added in my target line was +exec dedicated.cfg which is my server config file.. so when i get into cod or cod uo i goto start new server pick the map then start. Make shure you have dedicated to internet, and put pure server on. After that it will go back to desktop with the game console up. Minimize that and go into cod or cod uo whichever u started the server in and find your server on the list.

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
LoL i have a config file located on the very first page of this forum. Its called dedicated.cfg

http://www.geekstogo...ype=post&id=944

Sliz3r1

Sliz3r1

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Ok man... It sounds cool. This is what i'm having in Target: "C:\Spel\Call of Duty\CoDUOMP.exe" +set dedicated 2 +exec dedicated.cfg +map_rotate

So i dont think either it will work with removing +map_rotate, Because i made that in the config.

Well, That you mean with "The only thing i added in my target line was +exec dedicated.cfg which is my server config file.. so when i get into cod or cod uo i goto start new server pick the map then start......" Than, It's no needing making a Config/Deskop...

mate, Do you have MSN? ;) hehe, Than we might be done with this instead of Posting :tazz:

DreadZone

DreadZone

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi jrm20

Ive followed everything. added to the target,set to internet & pure. been to port forward.com and followed the directions to port forwarding, set the router to DMZ. and i still can't see it on the internet. im running 1.5 patch as well.

when the green concole screen comes up when i 'start your own server' i get a message saying '

Hitch warning: 5678 msec frame time
Resolving coduoauthorize.activision.com
coduoauthorize.activision.com resolved to 63.146.124.59:20600

is this significant??????

Regards

Sliz3r1

Sliz3r1

• Pip
  • 7 posts
[crack removed] - Sliz3r1 has been warned and suspended two days for posting a link to a crack.

The posting of links or references to warez or any other type of illegal software is strictly forbidden. By doing so you risk having your user account terminated without warning. We will NOT help anyone we suspect of having obtained their software illegally.

Edited by admin, 06 August 2005 - 01:03 PM.

Sliz3r1

Sliz3r1

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hitch warning: 5678 msec frame time
Resolving coduoauthorize.activision.com
coduoauthorize.activision.com resolved to 63.146.124.59:20600

It's a normal text that shows up in your green console-window....

:tazz: