Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Web Pages Hang

• Please log in to reply

Higherlevel

Higherlevel

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Dell XPS M140 Laptop, 1.73Ghz Processor, 2G RAM, XP Media Edition OS, with Zonealarm Firewall, AVG AntiVirus, SuperAntiSpyware, NETWORK MAGIC..(Had System Mechanic, but it expired)

I also have a Dell Desktop Inspirion 530, 2.39Ghz processor, Quad Core CPU with Windows XP, Same software as above.

Also have an Older Pesario Computer with XP just for running my Xmas Lights.

Have a Linksys Router running thru Fiber Internet with ALL PC's being Wireless to Router..I have "Broadcasting off" with WEP security, (I know WPA is better)and just switched today, (trying to troubleshoot) from B,G networks to just G networks.

The Laptop is the Issue, OTHER PC's ON SAME NETWORK ARE FINE. Laptop, which is 3 1/2 years old...about 6 weeks ago my Hard Drive went out and had it replaced...80GB, Reloaded it with backup disc, drivers = OK Reloaded all my Backup Data...everything has been just fine..

A few night ago...I noticed on my Laptop it Hangs on Web Pages, sometimes they work, sometimes they do not...I can pull Shared Files from my Desktop just fine, MY CONNECTION ALWAYS SAYS It is connected with a strong signal, I haved tried repairing the connection, Disable / Enable the Connection with no luck...
I updated my Wireless Driver tonight with no luck...
(I had to download it on my Desktop and grab it on a share to my laptop to do it as I could not connect long enough on laptop to get it...)

Been looking at "Ping" command where it will timeout, "Tracert" command to follow the Hops which they do stop, but sometimes continue all the way to the Web Address,
(When IE stops, I run Tracert on that Web Page, and it can go all the way to the end...)
Looking at "Services" in the Administrative Tools....
Looking at Regedit, (even though I am not an expert there)
Firefocx does not matter, it has same issues

My Network Magic shows me connected all the time to my router and Internet....but click on IE...and it may work for a minute then stop or not go at all...

I have this Laptop under Warranty, but can not connect long enough for Tech Support.

ANY IDEA'S ON THIS ???

Thanks

Advertisements