Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell E1505 will not power on

• Please log in to reply

etcman12

etcman12

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a three year old Dell Inspiron e1505. It will not power on. I have a new AC adaptor/charger and a new battery. When I plug in the adaptor, the battery charging light does not come on. Nothing happens when the power button is pressed. I tried this with and without pressing the Fn key. There is a Media Direct button that when pressed, the power and hard drive lights come on as does the screen. This Media Direct program is fully functional but does not allow me to switch over to the operating system. Any ideas? I am assuming the motherboard is the problem. If it is not repairable (I have already replaced the keyboard and the top plate of the laptop that contains the mouse), I would purchase a new laptop but want to get some information from the hard drive.

Advertisements