Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Antivirus System Pro

• Please log in to reply

MSC2

MSC2

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Hi,

My system was just infected with "Antivirus System Pro" this afternoon. I've tried to remove it with SuperAntiSpyware & Malwarebytes, but I keep getting the annoying pop-up and associated bogus warning messages. Any help you can offer I'd really appreciate.

Advertisements

MSC2

MSC2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
After wrestling with this last night, I noticed that if I tried repeatedly to get an exe file to run, then after the 4th or 5th try I was successful. Given that, I slowly was able to make my way through your "Cleaning Guide" and was finally able to get Malwarebytes to run to completion. It found a handful of infected files, and after removing them it appears that my system is back to normal.

Unless you feel there is a need to run anything on a precautionary basis, this one can probably be closed.

Thanks,
MSC2