Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A generic Coke on laptop question...

• Please log in to reply

Bob the Ignorant

Bob the Ignorant

• Pip
  • 2 posts
You know the drill. Soft drink (Coke) meets laptop. Hilarity ensues.

Compaq Presario CQ-60-410US Notebook PC, owned for less than a year.

Took the coke (better part of a bottle) to the lid. Part of it dripped down, other parts got onto keyboard and touchpad. Some soaked into the holes above keyboard.

Keyboard works fine, but the touchpad is another story. The mouse jerks around on its own, and the "deactivate touchpad" button is malfunctioning.

Been two hours since the incident, and the laptop is now off. No other apparant damage, but I'm pretty sure I'm doomed.

Can I trust the HP warranty? If not, what now? It's a very nice laptop... :)

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

Can I trust the HP warranty? If not, what now? It's a very nice laptop...

What warranty? Spilling Coke on the keyboard is not likely to be covered under any warranty - unless you got a very fancy extended warranty. My advice is to take it to a shop and have it professionally cleaned.