Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Restore won't run, Malwarebytes won't run even renamed,

• Please log in to reply

thelsdeffect

thelsdeffect

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I can't run system restore, it gives this message "System restore is not able to protect your computer. Please restart your computer, and then run System Restore again. I can't get on any internet browser, by the way this is a different computer I'm using trying to fix this one. I tried downloading malwarebytes to a flash drive and renaming and it will not run either, it says: Run-time error '372': Failed to load control 'vbalGrid' from vbalsgrid6.ocx may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application. I have noticed that a process called a.exe a couple weeks ago was slowing it down but when I ended the process it was fine. I don't see that process right now though. It will not allow me to run adware or advanced systemcare that were already installed. I am running windows XP on that computer. Also, what I find disturbing is the computer will not restart in any type of safe mode, with or without networking or even command prompt. When you click on this it runs through a list of drivers and stops at one of them, the same on each time, GaG something, I can check if it's important. Thank you for any help possible!

Advertisements