Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Busted iTUNES? help!

• Please log in to reply

jinkydinkydinx

jinkydinkydinx

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Oh my gosh!!!! :)

What's happening with my laptop??? Is it breaking down already?

It's an ibook G4 with operating system MAC OSX version 10.4.11. And I've had it for about 6 years now. The battery in fact is no longer working and periodically I get a window that says something like "your start-up disk is almost full" and "your date and time is not set properly...your computer will be erratic"

I have dealt with those problems already....(ok, more like am used to it)... My main concern now is I cannot open my iTunes. Whenever I try to, it quits and a window that says "The iTunes application could not be opened. An unknown error occurred (13010)." suddenly pops up. What is this? And how can I fix it?

Please help :)

Edited by jinkydinkydinx, 10 November 2009 - 10:12 AM.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Deleting "iTunes Library Genius.itdb" might solve the problem. I don't use Mac, but may I suggest that you backup all your iTunes, images, emails, videos and everything you can think of to an external backup drive?

You might post more specifications for your G4 as to Disk Space Used/Free and whatever else you can gleam from your G4. If I can't help you further, I'll get someone else to look at your post.

Might take a read of this:

itunes application could not be opened. an unknown error occurred (13010)

jinkydinkydinx

jinkydinkydinx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hey Major Payne, thanks! :)

it worked :) now everytime I open my iTunes, I'll think; hey major payne helped me! :)

Edited by jinkydinkydinx, 10 November 2009 - 02:18 PM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
:) Oh, I'm so glad it worked for you. I know that it's a relief to get the iTunes working. Let's hope you don't need any more help here. :)