Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot load OS or Boot Disk

• Please log in to reply

Rigored

Rigored

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Randomly, the other day, I was sitting in my computer room, not using the computer when the computer just randomly rebooted. It gave me several options "Start Windows Normally", "Last Known Good Configuration", etc. but none of them load the OS. Not even Safe Mode!

Once you select an option, it takes you to the screen with the Windows symbol and the colored bar moving underneath. After about 2 seconds of this, I see the blue screen of death for a half second before it reboots. This happens with all the possible selections ("Safe Mode with/Networking/etc.", "Last known good configuration", etc).

So I decided to boot from the recovery disk. I get to the point where it says "Press any button to continue..." I press a button and the CD spins up but even after several minutes, I'm left with a blank screen.

Is there anything I can do?

Advertisements

Germando

Germando

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Easiest thing would be to reinstall windows, but if you could get the RC to run you could try repairing the MBR.

G

Rigored

Rigored

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
What is the MBR and how do I repair it?