Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

F2 edit key

• Please log in to reply

David 22

David 22

• Pip
  • 2 posts
This problem has been a headache for several weeks now, and impacts desktop icons, explorer directory and file names, in Excel it is particularly irritating as it is almost impossible to complete any task without interuption. It can also occur when powering on the laptop as it goes into the BIOS setup screen. The only solution I have found for this is leave the machine powered off a number of hours, however, on one occasion it took 6 days before I was able to get into Windows. I thought it may be due to some malware, virus or keylogger. However, I have performed all the tests in your malware guide ( with the exception of OTL which was reported unsafe), but no infection has been reported. I do not know what to try next, and I have never encountered a problem like this before. No other key appears to affected only F2.

Any suggestions of what to try next would be very gratefully received.

David

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Tried a new keyboard?

David 22

David 22

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neil,

Unfortunately, as this is laptop it does have a keyboard port, nor does this particular model have a docking station option.

David

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try a usb keyboard