Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Accidentally disabled display

• Please log in to reply

Aero375

Aero375

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hey~

So today I got an Svideo cable and hooked my old PC to my TV. I got it working and everything, but then I needed to go back to my monitor for a bit. So I disabled my secondary device...without re-enabling my primary. Now I am stuck without being able to see my display on neither my TV nor my monitor. I cant seem to get back to something I can visually see to fix my mistake.

Any ideas on how to fix my mistake? I tried booting into safe mode, but once again I am unable to see anything D:.

Windows XP btw.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello Aero375...

Does the initial BIOS Setup screen appear? If the first few screens do actually display, try booting into the BIOS Setup and set the BIOS to it's default settings...usually by pressing F5 (on most machines). Be sure to save the settings before you exit setup.

If you have no video at all, you can try resetting the CMOS...which will return all of your BIOS settings to factory defaults. Without more information on your system, we can't really help much more than that.

wannabe1