Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics Card Issue

• Please log in to reply

ComputerAdvocate

ComputerAdvocate

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Ok I'll give you my specs then describe the issue:

Laptop,
Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 2.20 GHz
4 gig of ram
Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT
Windows 7 64bit Ultimate Edition

My issue began yesterday when my screen flickered and and turned weird colors then froze, went black then came back on. I got a message that my display driver had failed, but then it seem to continue to work normally. Later last night it did the same thing again but this time forced my computer to reboot and when it did I had six pictures of the screen tiled across my monitor with the color distorted and when I checked my device manager it gave me a Windows error code 43 on my graphics card. I wasn't quite sure what to do but since I keep a back up of everything I just formatted my hard drive and reinstalled and then it seemed to work fine for awhile, but then the error happened again today. So I uninstalled the Nvidia driver and disabled my graphics card, and I'm actually typing this from my laptop and its working fine at the moment.

So is this a driver issue or is my graphics card shot?

Advertisements