Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 x Dell Inspiron 1525 not booting after MS updates

• Please log in to reply

yosinc

yosinc

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi.
My friend and I both have Dell Inspiron 1525 laptops, which were bought at the same time (about 2 years ago).
Last week I installed the latest MS updates on my laptop and shutdown when they finished. Everything seemed ok. When I restarted it gave an error message half way through loading (not sure what it was) and I pressed the power button to switch off and start again. However, it now will not reboot - the blue lights flash once and it switches off within a few seconds. I think the fan comes on briefly but there are NO beeps.

The following day my friends laptop did almost the same thing, other than it gave a blue screen error when it restarted after updating.

Neither laptop will start - no beeps, just shuts down within about 10 -20 seconds.

I have tried searching the internet but could not find anything. I do not know where to even begin sorting this out.

Can anyone help please?
Thanks
Yolanda

Advertisements