Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Startup Issues

• Please log in to reply

funnyface

funnyface

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I am running XP and until 2 days ago had no issues and then I found out that I can only start the computer with last good known figuration. I can every spyware program I could find, and I looked at the HJT log and found nothing. Now I am running out of ideas as to the cause and would appericate any insight you might be able to offer.
Thank You
Funnyface

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
What happen when you boot in normal mode?

Go to Administrative tools > Event Viewer. Click on the items on the left side and report if there are any RED (only red) errors that are time related to the bootup of the computer.

funnyface

funnyface

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Per your request....

System has eight entries with the following information:
The following boot start or system drivers failed to load
SASKUTIL

Application has one entry with the following information:
Faulting application chrome.exe verison 0000 faulting module
chrome.dll, version 4022316 fault address0x0017b393.

When I attempt to boot normally, everything goes as it should until I reach the desktop, then everything freezes. However, when I boot with last good known configuration, the computer works beautifully.

Funnyface

P.S. any and all help with be greatly appericated.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
two programs seems to be related to the problem: SuperAntiSpyware and Google Chrom. Try to uninstall both and see what happens. Please remove them one at a time, testing the computer after each removal.