Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows won't load

• Please log in to reply

FireDemon

FireDemon

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
OK, not really sure where to put this but here goes... Last night I turned my pc on to print, I printed one file over the network fine, but then the second one wouldn't print. I turned the monitor on to see what was happening and got the following message: "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device" I thought it was the pc acting up again so I restarted, it got to the Windows loading screen then stopped and the screen turned black with orange bar type things. So I restarted again, got to the loading screen, and it froze. A couple more restarts and most of the time I either get the boot media message, a blank screen or Error loading operating system message. I left it off for a couple hours and I now can't even get to the Windows loading sreen. I inserted the Windows XP CD, it look ages to get to the press a key to load from cd part, and took even longer to get to the checking hardware config, then it just froze with sort of black lines on the screen. I've got the hdd in an external case at the moment and I can access my files without any issues, I will run Seagate Tools on the hdd later to see if it picks up any problems. I have no idea what is going on and I really need that pc up and running again (it's the only pc that has the port i need for the printer). Any help would be appreciated so much.

Advertisements