Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The best advice for a gaming computer!

• Please log in to reply

Bonzai82

Bonzai82

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
If you are able to build your pc then you could buy it from another store which has more offers and better components for your comp because cyberpowerpc isn't bad but you can find better components in other stores but some stores don't build your comp like cyberpowerpc and that's why I'm asking if you can build your new pc by yourself or someone you know.

Btw, any i7 cpu will play any new game with no problem and for graphic cards see this top 18

Advertisements

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
but i dont think is that difficult i mean there are too many websites out there where they show u how to build a computer and better yet this website can help ... im pretty sure if i tell them what are the components that i just bought they will be ablre to help me :) dont u think so ? and i think im gonna wait for this new processor i was watching a video about it and its just wat im looking for

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
so what do u think my friend?

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
hey u havent answered my post yet , can u asnwer me please.

Bonzai82

Bonzai82

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Well yes i think you can build your comp if you follow step by step tutorials and check few websites.Yes new i9 will be very powerful.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Take a look at this Tutorial written by one of GTG's own Tech Staff members.
Very easy to follow with lots of pictures to show you step by step how to build your system :)

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
hey can you tell me where i can see those tutorials , cus the link u posted isnt working :)

stillwaters

stillwaters

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
The tutorial is here.

Good luck! :)

Edited by stillwaters, 07 December 2009 - 07:37 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sorry about that and I have corrected the link for you also.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Ah, what a great tutorial! It's a credit to the site... :)

So, Brady, you've got $3000? And you're waiting for the Core i9?

Advertisements

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
yeah im waiting for the core i9 but to be honest i dont think i can wait any further as a matter of fact i just got some components for my computer let me show them to u and see what to do u think :

Posted Image
Posted Image

There it is, thats my list of all the components i was planing to buy from newegg, now if u guys have any comments or advices in regards to my list please post it i will really appreciate it ... i mean idk if that's enough machine what i do really need is the liquid coolers the big ones i mean i wanna keep all my cpu cold as a mother ....ker :) and never worry about the tempeture ever again , so what do u think that processor is the lastest one or there is another one better than this one? and if u know a different website where u can find all the components cheaper ! PLEASE LET ME KNOW ! :) HEy guys i appreciate this , thx for helping me.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16819115213

This processor is the next step up, a lot more money for not much more performance, though. Do you intend on overclocking?

I will also send James a PM as he is the watercooling expert, I'm sure he'll be glad to comment on your watercooling setup.

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Hey Troy! my friend thank u so much for answering my post, well yeah i wanna overlocking my CPU and processor as musch as possible to get the most out of it ,and tell me something that processor is the latest one? so whta do u think about my components? are they good enough or u have any other ideas? thank u in advanced.

Edited by brady1988, 17 December 2009 - 07:16 PM.

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
hey i forgot to mention about this guy:
http://www.youtube.c...u/0/vm_2RG61hhk

check out his videos u can also give me so advices related to those videos and maybe we can get better components for my CPU thank u!

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
To keep things simple, just watercool your GPU and CPU, this will give you significant gains. Unless you are planning on pumping a lot of volts into your chipset, watercooling your chipset is just for show.

The YouTube video you posted is made by someone I talk to in a chat room rather frequently, he produced some great tutorials on watercooling that I highly suggest you study prior to diving into watercooling. If you are going to watercool, you might want to take a look at either NCIXUS (I shop exclusively at their canadian site, so yes it is safe) or frozen CPU which is based in the USA and I have bought from them as well.

First thing is first, custom loops are always the best, but there are some good kits out there as well, swiftec makes one that I suggest you take a look into.
I'm going to link you to products on NCIXUS as its what I'm familiar with, but I am by no means stating that you have to buy from them.
http://www.ncixus.co...655-B/Swiftech/ -pump
http://www.ncixus.co...-QP-K/Swiftech/ - rad
http://www.ncixus.co...60-R2/Swiftech/ - GPU block, unless you are dead set on the GTX295, then a full cover block is your best bet.
http://www.ncixus.co...-34/Primochill/ - tubing
http://www.ncixus.co...-C01/Bitspower/ -barbs x6 (you'll want to replace the plastic ones on the GPU block, need it for the RAD and reservoir)
http://www.ncixus.co...a...1&sku=22498 x6 (for every barb, have one clamp to prevent leaks)
http://www.ncixus.co...a...1&sku=19860 (assuming you want to mount the RAD to the back of your case)
For a CPU block, you'd probably want something like the Swiftech GTZ and the Swiftech Micro res for your reservoir.
The way you'll want your loop to go is as follows (the direction of the arrow signifies the direction of the flow of the water.
Res->pump->rad->CPU->GPU->repeat

NCIX is getting a swiftech order in some time this week from what I have heard, otherwise stock is lacking. In addition, FrozenCPU's watercooling portion of the site isn't responding to me at the moment so I can't make a complete list for you.

As far as what liquid you ought to use in your build, please don't buy that coolmaster stuff or anything else. Just get distilled water. The tubing from Primochill has biocide built into the tubing, so it kills all the bacteria. If you want something that is non-conductive just in case you loop leaks, there isn't anything on the market that can guarantee this, so I wouldn't pay a premium for any of these liquids as I have heard about short circuits from just about everyone one of them. You may have noticed that I asked you to replace the plastic barbs. The reason for this is because they don't have any o-rings making a seal between the barb and component making them more susceptible to leaks. In addition to this, you have to fight with them to put tubing on them all the time and this doesn't mean that you have a better seal by any means. If you want to ensure a REALLY good seal between your barbs and tubing, it's always the best to use small tubing on large barbs. In other words, get 1/2" OD (outer diamater) barbs and 7/16" or 3/8" ID (inner diameter) tubing. Be warned though, you have to fight to get this onto your barbs and it will be nearly impossible to place over you pump. If you are absolutly sure that you want to watercool, please ask questions if you don't understand something. DO NOT proceed and guess because IT WILL lead to leaks which will fry components. In addition to this, while I'll do everything in my power to prevent a leak in your case, most watercooling users have lost hardware to short circuits due to leaks. I myself had one when I first started but was EXTREMELY lucky and didn't lose anything.

Things that I think you should change in your overall build.
Arctic Silver 5 I believe should be changed to MX-2. Arctic Silver 5 conducts electricity, MX-2 does not.
VelociRaptor are pointless at this point. I suggest you invest into a SSD for your OS/game installs. Intel X-25 would be my suggestion.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask.
James