Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

laptop system standby , internet goes offline

• Please log in to reply

geekstome

geekstome

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hello there,
I have a problem, why each time i leave my laptop on for 30minutes and above, the windows xp will goes to standby mode and my connection/internet will automatically offline? even though while downloading stuff over the internet on that time?
i already turn off the power management on my ethernet device, but it still occur.
how to let my laptop internet connection keeps alive EVEN in standby mode so next time, when i sleep while waiting my downloading stuff to complete, the connection will not dropped on the middle..

thanks..

Advertisements

sasba858

sasba858

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
This is happening to me too. I know this thread is over 2 year old with no replies given, but a solution to fix this could solve my problem too.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
sasba858

If I am correct in believing that this concerns the same computer which is being dealt with on this topic
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/314344-ms-xp-professional-service-pack-3-help-needed/page__view__findpost__p__2121353__fromsearch__1

where my colleague rshaffer61 is assisting you, then the matter is being addressed there.

If it is NOT the same computer then please wait until you have concluded the present issue and then raise the matter with rshaffer61