Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My laptop LCD turns yellowish on the right side

• Please log in to reply

haziqdaM5fanatic

haziqdaM5fanatic

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hey guys :)

I have a problem with my LCD. The right part of the screen turns to be yellowish. I have a 15.4'' LCD screen and only about 7cm from right affected. The left part is still fine.

Here's my spec:-

- 15.4'' Screen
- ATI 1150 Express
- Windows Vista Home Basic SP1

Any help is appreciated.. Thanks :)

Advertisements

othersteve

othersteve

• PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
Does this occur outside of Windows as well? If so, a hardware issue seems likely.

~os

haziqdaM5fanatic

haziqdaM5fanatic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Does this occur outside of Windows as well? If so, a hardware issue seems likely.

~os

It looks the same on the log on page but I can't really see if it's happening when it says ''FUJITSU'' at the startup... Ah well if it's a hardware problem, what am I suppose to do now?

othersteve

othersteve

• PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
Honestly? It's almost certainly an issue with the screen. If you're under warranty and you can catch it exhibiting the same behavior outside of Windows as well, it's time to call Fujitsu.

If you want to be absolutely certain, you can enter the BIOS by following the instructions as the computer boots (press F1/F2 or DEL usually). You should see the hue shift there as well.

You also might be able to narrow things down by entering Windows Safe Mode (repeatedly press F8 as the PC boots and select Safe Mode from the Advanced Options menu) and seeing if it persists without the current drivers loaded, but it's quite unlikely it's a driver issue to be honest.

I hope this helps.

~os

haziqdaM5fanatic

haziqdaM5fanatic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Yeah I do also think that it's an LCD problem itself. This laptop only 1 and a half year old so oh no :)

I also use the ATI Catalyst Control Centre to adjust the hue, brightness and contrast but it's just there. I also restart a couple of time and it's just the same. I didn't drop my laptop nor accidentally hit the screen.

But nevermind I'll try my best to get rid of it. Thanks for the help and your time mate :)

othersteve

othersteve

• PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
Of course... sorry for the less-than-optimistic outlook. :)

~os

haziqdaM5fanatic

haziqdaM5fanatic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Nevermind mate :)

Thanks for the help again :)