Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Run time error '62' - Input Past End of File"

• Please log in to reply

daniel43

daniel43

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi all,

I'm running Win XP and for about 2 weeks or so on boot-up this error message has been appearing:

Run time error '62' - Input past end of file

When it appears the only option is to click OK and then it disappears and does not reappear until the PC is next restarted.

From looking on the net I understand it may possibly be due to some software not having been uninstalled properly (though I have no idea what software this may actually be).

If anyone could help me stop this message from appearing I would be really grateful. I have tried running a couple of registry clean-up tools but the problem is still occuring,

Thanking you in advance,

Daniel

Advertisements

John_Doe

John_Doe

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Have you used PCBug Doctor and Registry Mechanic?

daniel43

daniel43

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I used Registry Mechanic and Registry Fix but not PCBug Doctor, I will try giving this a go and report back.

Thankyou,

Daniel

John_Doe

John_Doe

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
If you need a license for PC Bug Doctor, I know a place where you can pay a discount for a new license.

daniel43

daniel43

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I ran PC Bug Doctor, and though it found some errors and repaired them the original error message "Run time error '62' - Input past end of file" is still appearing on boot-up.

Any other suggestions or help would be most appreciated.

Thanks again,

Daniel

John_Doe

John_Doe

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
take a look at this post:

http://www.annoyance...inxp/1069845743

I hope this helps, let me know!!