Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD RW/DVD Drive Continuously Ejecting!

• Please log in to reply

daniel43

daniel43

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi all,

I have a Dell Inspiron 5150 Laptop (Win XP) with a "QSI CD-RW/DVD Drive SBW 242" and since the other evening the CD drive keeps ejecting on its own during boot-up, if I place any kind of CD/DVD into the drive it also ejects after a couple of seconds without reading the disc.

I have power-cycled the PC and downloaded the latest driver info for my CD/DVD drive but the problem is still occuring so I am unable to read any CDs or DVDs or write to any. Under Device Manager, it says the device is enabled and "working properly".

If anyone could help or suggest anything that may help with this problem I would be so grateful,

Many thanks in advance,

Daniel

Advertisements