Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton GoBack - Mapped drive restore issue...

• Please log in to reply

MooCowJay

MooCowJay

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have Norton GoBack installed on a server. If I delete a file from the server and attempt to restore the file, GoBack restores the file. However, if I map the drive on my desktop computer and delete a file from the server, GoBack doesn't see nor recognize that the file has been deleted and there for can not restore the file. Has anyone run into this issue? Any know a fix? I haven't been able to find anything about this, if someone can help...PLEASE DO! Thank you so much...

--Jason

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
according to symantec:
To use Norton GoBack, your computer must have one of the following Windows operating systems:

Windows 98/98SE*admin
Windows 2000 Professional

Windows XP Professional /Home Edition
Windows XP Tablet PC/Media Edition

what os are you using?

go back is meant for normal pc use and not server/enterprise backups. Think of "go back" as a glorified version of "system restore" in xp. it doesn't have the capability to monitor network connections/remote users.

MooCowJay

MooCowJay

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
It is running in a Windows 2000 environment. If GoBack won't work, do you suggest any other applications that would do the basic same thing in a server environment? Thanks for your help!