Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Have two trojans and can't use internet...

• Please log in to reply

jkppkjjkp

jkppkjjkp

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have been working on this trojan off and on since last Thursday night and I'm still infected.

It seems to have affect my ability to connect to the internet, which defaults my Zone Alarms because it says it need to be updated.

I was able to run a free version of trojanhunter and it reported to following trojans in the following areas...

C:\Program Files\Compact Wireless-G USB Network Adapter with SpeedBooster\InvokeSvc.exw

This one is called TrojanDropper.Agent.1705

C:\Program Files\Search & Destroy\blindman.exe

This one is called TrojanDownloader.Small.3290

I have a laptop that is the same operating system that is not affect. I installed malwarebytes (with the suggest of the tech guy at work) on a jump drive from the laptop and was able to run on the laptop, but when putting the jump drive into the infected desktop it wouldn't run off the drive, would let me transfer any files off the drive, and has a run time error because it's out of date.

My paid version of Zone Alarms won't work because it says it needs to update their lists, but I can't get an internet connection.

Thanks in advance!

Jeanne

Advertisements