Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

limited conectivity error on remote computer after using remote deskto

• Please log in to reply

mikeloeven

mikeloeven

• PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
This is a strange issue that has cropped up and noone seems to know the answer. I have set up my home computer in a DMZ using dhcp to assign the exernal ip address. And utalize Dyndns to host a few ftp servers as well as remote desktop. recently the remote computer has been encountering the limited or no conectivity error and this only happenes after i disconect remote desktop. after rebooting or repairing the connection I can remotely connect to the computer once and only once. if i close remote desktop for more than a minute or two the remote computer no longer accepts connections or even pings. when i get home and check the settings the wireless card is reading limited or no conectivity repairing the connection restores normal operation untill the next time i use remote desktop. so far i have gotten around this error by using a auto clicking program to initiate a repair 5 minutes after I disconect but this is a temporary solution and sometimes doesent work if i left a window open that prevents the program from clicking in the right area. i want a fix for this as it is driving me crazy and takes down my ftp servers for long periods of time every time i need to change a setting.

Edited by mikeloeven, 25 November 2009 - 12:06 PM.

Advertisements

mikeloeven

mikeloeven

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
i need an answer soon as this is greatly affecting my work

mikeloeven

mikeloeven

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
if i posted this in the wrong forum can someone tell me where i can get some help

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sorry for the long response time but you might want to post this in the Network forum. This is more of a problem with networking then it is a OS problem. I'm sure someone there will be able to assist you then.