Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with Internet Connection issues.

• Please log in to reply

KaiserFritt0

KaiserFritt0

• Pip
  • 3 posts
About 5 days ago, my internet started slowing down. Youtube won't load up, everything takes forever, and my downloads show 7kb/s >_>. I hope it isn't a virus or corrupt file. Please help.
I'm including a HijackThis Log....

Advertisements

Guest_bartblaze_*

Guest_bartblaze_*
Hi, I did not analyze your log - I'll leave that to the tech staff- but have you thought of the fact that your download limit is just blocked by your ISP ?

It is possible you reached your limit and therefore you are not able to download properly, not even youtube (that would be normal in that case).

hope this helps :)

ISP = internet service provider

KaiserFritt0

KaiserFritt0

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the reply.

We're on an unlimited service, so we can download as much as we want every month.
OptusNet Cable/Motorola Modem.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Since this is a possible infection problem I have requested a Malware Moderator to look at the log before we proceed. This way we can make sure if you need to go to Malware forum or not. If not we will continue. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

KaiserFritt0

KaiserFritt0

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi anyone viewing this topic, guest, member or techy,

I think I found the problem.
Thank you to the earlier reply from bartblaze refering to internet download cap/peak

THAT WAS THE PROBLEM (I think):)

It says on my usage I've used all my monthly usage, and now in peak usage. I'm guessing that means it won't be as good as the regular usage.

Regardless, I wish to keep this topic open, in case my internet is still slow in a few days :)

Thank you for the help rshaffer61, no matter if you gave any advice. Thank you for taking the time to help me. I will refer you to friends in the future if they have any problems :)

Edited by KaiserFritt0, 26 November 2009 - 04:05 AM.

Guest_bartblaze_*

Guest_bartblaze_*
Hi,

no problem :)

Probably your download and upload speed will be very limited now, so going on media websites (like youtube) will take ages.

It depends on your provider how long this will last, some require a month, others a week. Depends on the country you live in and your provider.
You said OptusNet, so I did a google search, you can log in here to have more information:
http://personal.optu...p;site=personal

If you are in doubt when your limit will be reset, you can contact them here:
https://www.optus.co...00029867c0aRCRD

Good luck :) !

Edited by bartblaze, 26 November 2009 - 05:05 AM.