Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Check Disk unable to correct errors; cuts off during startup.

• Please log in to reply

xLacryma

xLacryma

• Pip
  • 2 posts
First off, I would like to say that I am not able to follow the malware cleaning guide at the moment.
My dad asked me to look at his old laptop to see if I could get it to run a little better, so I am using my netbook to do the communication.

Anyway, either it's a faulty battery or it is the laptop itself that won't let the computer start up all the way. The charger being used may not be for the laptop, and I think he is currently searching for the actual charger, so that may eliminate the start-up problems. I won't be able to run any of the necessary programs (which I've saved to a flash drive) until I can get it to run past the check disk.
A problem I did notice, however, is that when the check disk runs (it runs on each startup) it is unable to fix the errors that are present. I think it mentioned something about Spy Sweeper not being present, maybe a file, but there was a long list of items that popped up again after that, and it does the same thing each time I tried to start it.

I'm going to wait until I get the actual charger for it (even though the charger is for an acer, and that's the type of laptop my dad has) to do anything further, but I just wanted to get this up here so I could see what to do in the meantime.
I will follow the removal guide as soon as I possibly can and will post the logs accordingly.

Thanks,
------xLacryma.

Edited by xLacryma, 25 November 2009 - 01:12 PM.

Advertisements